New research funded by the National Science Foundation has scientists warning consumers about the potentially harmful effects energy-saving CFL light bulbs can have on skin.
The warning comes based on a study conducted by Stony Brook University and New York State Stem Cell Science — published in the June issue of Photochemistry and Photobiology — which looked at whether and how the invisible UV rays CFL bulbs emit affect the skin.
Based on the research, scientists concluded that CFL light bulbs can be harmful to healthy skin cells.
“Our study revealed that the response of healthy skin cells to UV emitted from CFL bulbs is consistent with damage from ultraviolet radiation,” said lead researcher Miriam Rafailovich, Professor of Materials Science and Engineering at Stony Brook University, in New York, in a statement. “Skin cell damage was further enhanced when low dosages of TiO2 nanoparticles were introduced to the skin cells prior to exposure.”
So in the United States we are slaves, under involuntary servitude, as a whole, for about one-third of the whole year, 107 days out of 366. That’s almost 30%!
So we’re “only” one-third slaves.
Except for one more step in this reasoning. We are “only” one-third slaves because our slave-masters have decided to let us keep two-thirds of the fruits of our labor for expenses. The whole thing is based on the idea that whoever is in control owns 100% of us, and they decide what we keep.
That’s the whole unspoken idea in the debate over how much Americans pay in taxes in Congress. They are the ones who decide how much to let us keep.
Ladies and gentlemen, that’s called feudalism, and our state of affairs is “serfdom”.
But instead of being sharecroppers where the master of the plantation tells us how much food we keep, he tells us how much we get to keep of what is our own land and our own labor. And they don’t even have to declare title to our persons, at least not yet, or at least not that we know of. Who knows what collateral our rulers have promised for the debt they made us liable for under the fiction that we consented to all this serfdom?
- Mercury-Packed CFL Bulbs Now Found to Fry Your Skin (activistpost.com)
- Mercury-Packed CFL Bulbs Now Found to Fry Your Skin (naturalsociety.com)
- The Dark Side Of CFL Bulbs: They Can Hurt Your Skin (fastcoexist.com)
- New light bulbs may be harmful to skin (scienceblog.com)
- Mercury-Packed CFL Bulbs Now Found to Fry Your Skin (zionistoutrage.com)
- Mercury-Packed CFL Bulbs Now Found to Fry Your Skin (blacklistednews.com)
- Compact Fluorescent Bulbs Could Cause Ultraviolet Damage to Skin (popsci.com)
- UV Skin Damage from Compact Fluorescent Bulbs (cryptogon.com)
- Mercury-Packed CFL Bulbs Now Found to Fry Your Skin (pakalertpress.com)
- Compact fluorescent bulbs may harm skin (futurity.org)