After all, can’t let the peasants find out that stopping runaway debt is a good thing!
In typical government-shill propaganda mode, ABC reporter said (or read) that “anger is growing across the nation” over the government slowdown. They then put on two sound bites from interviews supposedly with “the man on the street” (really?), that didn’t like it.
That was the morning. On the way home, there were so many callers on local talk shows that blasted the Obamacare law and cheered the cutting of funds that these local yokels (here on a couple of Miami, Florida stations) started begging people to call that actually liked it. Right after that, on the show where this gal who usually just reads the news, a guy called in who had lost his job because of Obamacare, along with nine other guys. Bet you everybody who isn’t a D.C. insider has a family member who’s been forced down to part-time jobs, too.
Of course there are lots more people who are mad about them forcing nationalized control of medicine against the will of the American people and who are angry at the ones who did it –and changed the rules to do it—and angry at what it’s doing. And THAT is the big news for two years now.
Lots of people are also mad at the Big Corporate news media for acting as government propaganda organs. And at local media guys who are saying they don’t like it either but “it’s the law” blah blah, as if the House has never defunded anything before.
Not for nothing the engineers of the US Constitution gave the House the responsibility of originating funding legislation. That’s because it most directly represents the people in local districts, and therefore are closest to the taxpayers.
The longer this goes on, the more that Americans will see that life goes on, and life goes on maybe even better, the world did not end, the economy did not crash.. And what’s better, Clapper is complaining that the NSA can’t spy on us like it wants to. Some IRS auditors have had to stop working (for the time being).
The big news of the day was that a bunch of WW2 veterans broke through a line of yellow tape to view their monument. So they don’t have enough money to keep this open-air monument “open”, but they have enough to send a bunch of cops to keep people out. Right.
By the way, the narrative that the Republicans are “holding the government hostage” is such a laugh riot. Anyway, they’re funding all kinds of stuff and sending the bills to the Senate, but IT IS HARRY REID who is refusing to let any of them through for a Senate vote. So who’s holding who hostage?
And Wall Street rejoiced with a rally! Hope that this train wreck might be stopped! People in the financial world maybe figure that this kibosh on runaway spending and this blocking move against dollar dilution is good! That this forcing on the emergency brake is good!
Maybe these RINO’s are just doing theater, though. The longer this slowdown keeps going, this time, Americans are going to blame the Democrat Party and Obamacare. It is an attack on the economy that al Qaeda could only dream of, that will do a million times more damage in infrastructure and lives than even crashing the towers.
No wonder Morsi and other dictators figure he’s on their side.
Next stop: End the Fed.
- No Compromise: House Democrats Kill GOP Proposal to Fund Veterans Services, National Parks Without Touching Obamacare (theblaze.com)
- ShutDown: Government Comes To A Close Because Obama And Liberals Won’t Budge On Obamacare (thegenerationxconservative.com)
- Obama’s Dark Warning to Wall Street: Be ‘Concerned’ (theblaze.com)
- Obamacare Is Another Private Sector Rip-Off Of Americans – Paul Craig Roberts (12160.info)
- Government Slowdown better than Obamacare (ConservativeActionAlerts.com)
- Wall St. angry at tea party it has no influence over (politico.com)
- Did the AIG CEO Really Compare Criticism of Exec Bonuses to Racist Lynchings? (theblaze.com)
- Five years after Lehman, Americans still angry at Wall Street: Reuters/Ipsos poll (news.yahoo.com)
- House votes to keep government open, defund ObamaCare (conservativebyte.com)
- Is Krugman Friedman? (cafehayek.com)