The only independent and scientific way to define the beginning of the life of a human being is at conception, because that’s when the construction starts. There is no other natural cut-off point. Try as they will, breathing oxygen atmosphere directly instead of absorbing it through the placenta does not work in any way that is intrinsic to the “human organism” itself: Defining it as beginning at birth is a function of the external environment.
The heart beats at 4 weeks of conception. It grows rapidly in there.
To say it’s not “life” is ludicrous, because (1) the one cell has all the design necessary for the human adult including puberty, adolescence, and reproductions.
To say it’s not “human life” is ludicrous because it has 23 pairs of chromosomes, 50,000 from each parent, but in a unique new combination.
To say it’s not a “person” is to redefine “person”. To deny “personhood” to the baby, or to take brain waves, or breathing air, or location with respect to the womb, linguistic sophistication, all these are arbitrary, subjective judgments, and that includes this new outrage from . The courts can no more make a robot, or a chimp, or a corporation, into a real person any more than they can make a Jew or Gypsy into a non-person. Whether they abuse nature by treating them as such or not.
- The last time we redefined what it means to be human [Evolution] (io9.com)
- No Bhavana, Please (blogunbound.wordpress.com)
- Personhood USA Reaches 1 Million Signature Mark, Releases New Video (prweb.com)
- Personhood USA Petitions GOP Candidates to Follow Reagan’s Lead on Personhood; Bachmann, Santorum, Gingrich Sign First-of-its-kind Personhood Pledge (prweb.com)
- Personhood USA Releases New Video Documenting Infamous Roe vs. Wade Court Case (prweb.com)
- Will men go extinct? New research says it’s unlikely. (csmonitor.com)
- Liberty Counsel Announces Partnership with Personhood USA to Protect Life (greenmountainscribes.wordpress.com)
- The Unborn Deserve Better Than Selfish Pro-Abortion Women Who Would Rather They Be Killed In The Womb (neosecularist.com)
- Title Board Okays Colorado Personhood Amendment (prweb.com)
- Okla. fetal ‘heartbeat’ bill advances (politico.com)