Politifact arrogantly claims to hold the corner on truth. A lot of militants that criticize Christians with this same meaningless charge (they themselves are culpable, claiming to know better than Christians) run to their “findings” like this one as if it were the last word on it:
They fall back on the old definition of a socialist as one who believes in government ownership of the means of production and distribution in an economy.
This pretension falls under what we all know is another legitimate definition of socialism, found at thefreedictionary.com, from the American Heritage Dictionary:
2. The stage in Marxist-Leninist theory intermediate between capitalism and communism, in which collective ownership of the economy under the dictatorship of the proletariat has not yet been successfully achieved.
And then there is Fabian socialism, a term adopted to refer to the stepwise sneaky way of implementing it promoted by the Fabian Society, one which has been adopted today by many who scoff at the mere suggestion that they are “socialist” while doing all the steps that a socialist would do:
Fabian Society – an association of British socialists who advocate gradual reforms within the law leading to democratic socialism
And then there is Obama‘s claim to Teddy Roosevelt‘s proclamation of the foundation of socialist ideology, which is the idea that the government actually owns everything you have but lets you “keep title” to what it thinks you deserve to keep:
“The New Nationalism,” Roosevelt proclaimed, “rightly maintains that every man holds his property subject to the general right of the community to regulate its use to whatever degree the public welfare may require it.”
That’s right, Politifact, you are wrong! Busted! Pants on Fire!
And when you play with fire like you have done here, you get burned!
Socialism is better described as theft and plunder, a government taking whatever it wants.
YOUR NEIGHBOR’S PROPERTY IS NOT YOURS FOR THE TAKING! THAT IS SOCIALISM AND IT IS WRONG, WRONG ,WRONG!
- Paul Ryan trying to rig Politifact’s lie of the year (americablog.com)
- Political Fact-Checking Under Fire (npr.org)
- Liberals now say Politifact is Pants on Fire why? See Politifact lie of the Year (imns.wordpress.com)
- Obama invokes Teddy Roosevelt’s Speech: “Your property is not yours!” (trutherator.wordpress.com)
- Fox News’ Alysin Camerota: President Obama Told Truth About Politifact’s ‘Lie Of The Year’ (mediaite.com)