I watched a CSpan interview with a journalist who has been covering the Iowa caucuses for about twenty years, and a couple of callers commented and asked about this very thing, about Iowa being an atypical American demographic.
He made the obvious point that if you go over the history of the caucuses, you’ll find that the results in Iowa show that each of the two major political parties there reflect the party as a national whole. He used 2008 as an example, when Barack Obama won the Democratic Party caucus and went on to win the nomination.
What did Andrea Mitchell say after Obama won in Iowa?
And oh, my gosh, what would Andrea Mitchell say about this black-folks march against the NAACP?:
A representative from the New York City Charter School Center distributed flyers with excerpts of the NAACP’s mission statement to people entering the rally. Center officials argued that the lawsuit contradicts the NAACP’s mission to “ensure the political, educational, social, and economic equality of rights of all persons and to eliminate race based discrimination.”
The NAACP spokesperson said they are in favor of alternatives to public schools, but the lawsuit seeks to close down 18 alternatives that are doing black students much more good than their government school neighbors.
One could argue that opponents of charter schools only want to keep black folks entrapped with inferior education without an alternative.
Freedom is for individuals, not groups.
“Let my people GO!”
- Andrea Mitchell on Iowa: ‘Too White, Too Evangelical, Too Rural’ (newsbusters.org)
- NBC’s Andrea Mitchell: The Rap On Iowa? ‘Too White, Too Evangelical, Too Rural’ (mediaite.com)
- Bernie Goldberg On Iowa: Mainstream Media Would Never Say ‘South Carolina Is Too Black’ (mediaite.com)
- Mitt puts Andrea Mitchell in her place by deflecting her bias. (alteredstates451.wordpress.com)
- Branstad: Don’t count out Ron Paul (politico.com)
- Iowa Caucuses Set To Begin 2012 Presidential Voting (npr.org)
- Andrea Mitchell Cites Recent Gallup Poll to Paint Romney as Centrist and Obama as Liberal (crooksandliars.com)
- What are the Iowa caucuses? – ABC Online (abc.net.au)
- Mitt Romney Says He’s ‘Working Harder Than Anyone I Know’ To Make Sure Ron Paul Doesn’t Get Nomination (mediaite.com)