One author, Rick Phillips, has a web page where he talks about why socialism is evil:
He gives three summary reasons, and they are good ones:
1. Socialism is based on stealing.
2. Socialism is an anti-work system.
3. Socialism concentrates the power to do evil.
Rick expands with much detail that I agree with.
The web page is worth reading:
1. Socialism is theft. Taxation is theft. Theft is what it is to take property that belongs to someone without having his permission. Taking wealth under threat of taxation law enforcement is theft.
Christ said give to Caesar what belongs to him, but what does Caesar have that he did not steal whether by sword, conquest, or occupation?
If John Calvin or any other Christian teacher advocate government, it was because they did not realize the implications in Christ and the Bible.
High interest rates hurt the poor for sure, which is why a good Christian should advocate sound, value-based currency like gold.
2. The Puritans found that Acts 2:34-35 and Acts 4 works in some contexts, but not all, and that material incentives are vital for motivation. They tried it and almost disappeared. Then they tried private property plots and had abundance TO SHARE.
Some people work hard at establishing socialist rule, but the welfare state and the Venezuelan results show the results.
3. Socialism concentrates rule in the hands of a few.