More vindication for my protest against criticisms of the United States Constitution.
Be very skeptical of calls for some new constitution for America, a Trojan horse lies in wait therein. The powers that be have already shown in Iowa that they don’t mind rigging the results of caucus voting, and in Nevada it seems like it happened again, where Ron Paul was surging in the results and all of a sudden they stopped counting and CNN and the rest cut off reporting and they didn’t come back to reporting on it until the next day when the Party bosses’ favorite “won”.
Here is the key to what is wrong with all these “modern” constitutions. A puzzle for you puzzle-loving types: Where is the devil hidden in these details?
(The revisions guarantee equal rights for women and disabled people, allow affirmative action and require that those arrested be informed of their rights, among other things, but as Liptak notes, the Charter is also less absolute: Such rights are balanced against “such reasonable limits” as “can be demonstrably justified in a free and democratic society.”)
Okay, I’ll clip out the bad part:
Such rights are balanced against “such reasonable limits” as “can be demonstrably justified in a free and democratic society.”
Who decides what is “demonstrably justified”? That’s a loophole, and it’s big enough to drive a caravan of Mac tractor-trailers through, three abreast! That’s exactly what the Chinese premier quoted at Bill Clinton from the United Nations Declaration of Rights: “Except where prohibited by law”, or some other everything-goes legal escape clause.
Chavez got one of those clauses too, they included some UN stuff in Venezuela’s Chavista constitution.
Call it a “get out of respecting rights” clause. The rulers already have told us the Patriot Act is “constitutional”, even without such a diabolical catch. Gitmo, torture, targeting citizens on presidential whim, self-written warrants, search and seizure, government takings for private use, anything goes when they can make up some excuse as to why something might be “demonstrably justified” as protecting the “free and democratic society”, whatever they define that as.
- What makes the U.S. Constitution so good? (trutherator.wordpress.com)
- Is the U.S. Constitution obsolete? (geneveith.com)
- 2012 – Year of the Suspension of Civil Rights for the Homeless (stevenddeacon.wordpress.com)
- Some Good Some Bad (newstatusquo.wordpress.com)
- Ron Paul’s Voting Record (trutherator.wordpress.com)
- Governmental Attacks on Religious Freedom (richwendling.wordpress.com)
- Rob Kall: Is The USA The Only Nation in the World With Corporate Personhood? (huffingtonpost.com)
- Canada: Constitutional Superpower? (blogs.wsj.com)
- Individual rights – religion (jmgpolitics.wordpress.com)
- NY Times Says the Constitution is “Terse & Old”. (freedombytheway.com)
- ‘Terse, Old’ Constitution Outdated for Failing to Guarantee ‘Entitlements’ Like Health Care, Says NYTimes (newsbusters.org)
- Further proof that the Left’s ideals are closer to Marx, Engels, Lenin, and Trotsky than to Madison, Mason, Jefferson, and Franklin (thedaleygator.wordpress.com)
- Quote of the Day: Why Do You Hate America, Justice Ginsburg? (abovethelaw.com)
- Paul camp cries fraud over Nevada Caucus results (trutherator.wordpress.com)
- Globalist Campaign Calls for Abolishment of Constitution (destructionist.wordpress.com)
- American Association for Affirmative Action Opposes Arizona’s Proposition 107 to End Affirmative Action Programs (prweb.com)