God bless EPIC, they keep on keeping on, fighting the hegemony’s urge to monitor everything you say or do on the Internet. Now we find out the DHS has hired a company to monitor all activity for given keywords.
That’s a blatant assault on the 4th and 5th amendments, but they’ve been ignoring the US Constitution for generations now. Like the IRS prying into free speech content of corporations applying for 501c3 or 501c4 status.
“The agency has demonstrated no legal basis for its social network and media monitoring program, which threatens important free speech and expression rights,” EPIC said in a Feb. 22 letter submitted to U.S. Congress.
- Homeland Security Tracks These Keywords on Twitter and Facebook [VIDEO] (mashable.com)
- Laurel Papworth: Hashtags Homeland Security are monitoring on Twitter http://t.co/EMqssR0Q so don’t mention #Pakistan #WeaponsGrade or … #SocialMedia? Doh. (technolog.msnbc.msn.com)
- Document Proves DHS Is Monitoring Social Media For Government Criticism (wrc559.com)
- How ‘Speechjammer’ Will Shut You Up (pochp.wordpress.com)
- Department Of Homeland Security Tells Congress Why It’s Monitoring Facebook, Twitter, Blogs (fastcompany.com)
- Document Proves DHS Is Monitoring Social Media For Government Criticism (brandtstandard.com)
- The Department of Homeland Security Is Spying On Your Social Media Updates (webguild.org)
- Report: Homeland Security Lied to Congress About Spying on US Citizens (scottystarnes.wordpress.com)
- What Words Are Homeland Security Looking for When It Cyberstalks You On Social Media? (readwriteweb.com)