Re-posted from a discussion elsewhere:
German and the Russian Bolshevik insistence on quitting the war was a good cover during WWII for German capitalists supporting the purported sworn enemies of capitalists inside Russia. Just like “democracy” is a believable cover for Obama’s support for the “Arab Spring” that it turns out is actually the “Arab Winter”. (Note that nobody in the Media, Fox News included is admitting an editorial mistake on that one). But hundreds of thousands, probably millions, have strong trouble believing the cover story anymore, and most of those know how to add, no matter that all the government-media complex is pretending skeptics don’t exist.
But then there’s another twist to that. The Czar was already deposed when Lenin and Trotsky went in. The big Western banks and financial interests had starved the Russians for war financing, and all the Russian institutions were feeling that. The new Kerensky government needed the financing from the West, with the Bolsheviks and the war making havoc of their economy. They begged the West to let them quit the war and keep the financing because Russian domestic opposition was putting their government in danger.
The Western bankers and financiers said, No way Jose, you quit the war you quit the financing. (Unspoken subtext: We don’t care if the Bolsheviks take over, in fact our pals the Kaisers are sending Trotsky with gold to finance them). Remember this was also just a few scant years after the same bankers hoodwinked the United States to enact both the income tax and the Federal Reserve, too….
So the Russian front continued at war, the Bolsheviks rode the anti-war sentiment and Western gold to power, Russia quit the war anyway –and then– Western money poured into Bolshevik Russia anyway despite their quitting the war…..
- Book Review – The Tragic Procession: Alexander Berkman and Russian Prisoner Aid, 1923-1931 (KSL/ABSC, 2010) by Philip Ruff (gulaganarchists.wordpress.com)
- The Mass Murder of Russian Christians and the Destruction of their Churches, by Lasha Darkmoon (darkmoon.me)
- French actor Depardieu gets new address in Russia (foxnews.com)
- The Mass Murder of Russian Christians and the Destruction of their Churches (thetruthseeker.co.uk)
- Lessons from Uncle Tom, a Review of Thomas Riggins’ Lessons and Conclusions from Lenin’s “Left-Wing” Communism An Infantile Disorder (saveourcola.wordpress.com)
- Will Russia go back to Bolshevism in family affairs? (english.pravda.ru)